The 13 members of Cleveland’s new court-mandated Cleveland Police Commission were recently sworn-in at a Press Conference held at City Hall Rotunda.
Nearly 200 people applied to be apart of the commission and the newest members range from preachers, teachers and activists. The video of the Press Conference is in its entirety below:
Meet the members:
- Anthony Body: Good neighbor ambassador supervisor for the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District.
- Craig Boise: Dean of Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
- The Rev. Yvonne Conner: A retired Methodist pastor.
- Kathleen Clegg: Director of community and public psychiatry and the public academic liaison program at University Hospitals Case Medical Center.
- Mario Clopton: A teacher in Shaker Heights and a former political organizer.
- Lee Fisher: A former Ohio lieutenant governor and president of CEOs for Cities.
- Lynn Hampton: President of the Black Shield and a Cleveland police detective.
- Timothy Higgins: A Cleveland police sergeant.
- Amanda King: A law student at Case Western Reserve University.
- Steve Loomis: President of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association and a City Police Detective.
- The Rev. Max Rodas: The CEO of Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center.
- Dylan Sellers: Activist, Project Director at Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools.
- Rhonda Williams: An Activist and Director of the Social Justice Institute at Case Western Reserve University.