Hey Cleveland! If you’re a fan of athletics, this is the weekend for you! The Velosano Bike Race, the Cleveland Triathlon, and the Taco Run are all taking place this weekend!
The Velosano Bike Race kicks off today with last minute registrations along with packet pick-ups, and a special kickoff party taking place at Mall B starting at 4 PM. Saturday marks the start of the actual races. All races begin at Mall B, 1 St. Clair Avenue.
- 7:00 AM Two-Day Ultimate Challenge, 100-mile Challenge and 75-mile Challenge
- 8:00 AM 50-mile Challenge
- 9:00 AM 25-mile Fun Ride
- 9:30 AM 12-mile Fun Ride
Complimentary parking will be available in the East-end of the Cleveland Municipal Parking Lot, located at 1500 South Marginal Road. Shuttles will transport VeloSano contestants and attendees to and from the Municipal Parking lot and Mall B. Box trucks will ride in tandem with the shuttles to transport participant bikes.
For more information, go to https://www.velosano.org/home
(TV20 will also be there to cover the race, if you see us, come say hello!)
The Cleveland Triathlon will kick off Saturday, July 21st at 10 AM with packet pick-up and a pasta lunch at the University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center. The Triathlon itself will start on Sunday at Downtown Cleveland North Coast Harbor
- Transition Opens: 5am
- National Anthem: 6:45am
- MegaSprint Start: 7am
- SuperSprint Start: 7:15am
- Sprint Start: 7:30am
- Olympic Distance Start: 8am
- Youth Race Start: 8:30am
- Awards Ceremony: 11:15am
The Cleveland Memorial Shoreway will be closed on Sunday from 5 AM to 12 PM to accommodate for the triathlon.
For more info head to http://pacificsportsllc.com/cleveland-tri-event-info/
The Cleveland Taco Run (aka Will Run for Tacos) starts on July 21st at Zocalo Tequileria 2071 E. 4th St.
7:30 AM marks the start of race day registrations along with packet pick-up, with the race starting at 9 AM.
You can also pick up your packets today between 4-7 PM, first 200 runners receive a free cactus shot glass!
For more information you can go to their website http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/tacos.asp
The RTA Red Line will also be transitioning to buses beginning July 22nd for the next three weeks between the Puritas and West 117th stations due to repairs. The RTA advises an additional 30 minutes be added to your commute time to accommodate for the change.
Finally, this weekend there will be highway closures, specifically I-77 between I-480 and I-490, starting on Friday at 8PM and concluding Monday at 6 AM. The following information is courtesy of ODOT
- I-77 northbound at I-480. Motorists will be detoured via I-480 west to SR 176 north to I-490 east to I-77 north.
- I-77 southbound at I-490. Motorists will be detoured via I-490 west to SR 176 south to I-480 east to I-77 south.
- I-480 east and westbound ramp to I-77 north. Motorists will be detoured via SR 176 north to I-490 east to I-77 north.
- I-490 east and westbound ramps to I-77 south. Motorists will be detoured via I-77 north to East 30th Street to I-77 south to I-490 west to SR 176 south.
- I-77 southbound at the SR 21 exit ramp. Motorists will be detoured via SR 21 south to SR 17 west to I-480 east and back onto I-77 south